Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Is Twitter time useful time?


My journey on Twitter began about three or four months ago when I signed up for an account and tried to figure out how to use the site. After poking around for the first week, I became bored.

LinkedIn and Facebook had so many more useful features that held my interest. But after noticing that everyone at my internship was using Twitter and seeming to enjoy it, I decided to give it a second try.

Now I have jazzed up my profile page by adding a custom background and a main picture, but I am still looking for ways to use Twitter to my benefit. I am aiming to update my twitter at least once per day for now and see where it goes from there.

I have heard some talk about different topics related to Twitter like TweetDeck, searching Twitter using (#search terms) and sending @replies – but I am pretty unfamiliar with these topics. What is the purpose of the aforementioned tools on Twitter?

Conversation:
What do you use Twitter for? How can it help an individual grow professionally and network? What are some ways to spice up a Twitter profile?

0 comments:

Post a Comment